Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Kenner Blythe

After hair soaking and some face cream


I've been collecting Blythe since 2010; at first owning a Kenner was not priority.  Over time I've watched ups and downs in the market and in the community.  Kenner Blythes soared in prices after she was featured on a cable television program with the price tag of $800-900 [I believe he paid $700 but intended to get $1,500].  I thought my chances of owning a Kenner was over.  Prices sky rocketed after that episode now that everyone knew what Blythe was for sure.  I saw a NRFB Kenner on eBay for $3,000 just this week.

Also, this week I saw a lull in pricing for the TLC dolls.  It was low enough that I felt confident in bringing home a Kenner thanks to Paypal Credit.

I got up at 2 am and 10 bids later I won her!!

She is a fixer upper, but I'm not complaining!!

Some information that I found out from her 2 eBay listings.

She was bought by the person who sold her to me on March 12, 2016 from California.  She is a 6 line Kenner.  Her eye lashes were sparse.  I bought her on the April 19th from Massachusetts.  Her body was switched out with a 7 line Kenner and had no eye lashes.

Straight out of the box.

Soaking.

I'm too impatient!!  I had to get her cleaned off and her hair worked out.

Her hair is still crunchy and fried looking at the ends.  She is still yellow but I don't care she is mine!  I replaced her eye lashes.  I might replace them again once my cheap ones from China arrive.  I'm considering altering a Licca body for her to preserve the semi-original body.  It has a crack in the butt which I figure will not hold for long with the glue job by the last owner.

She has no name.  Right now she is going by Miss K.  I hope it doesn't stick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment