Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Blythe a Day October 19th-22nd, 31st

October 19th Favorite ghost story- Lady in Black: A young woman fell in love with a man from a rival school and He left her for a freshman at his own school. The lady in black took her own life out of despair and today she searches out the freshman girl who stole her beau still to this day.

October 20th- fall: I cheated. Our fall colors are still pretty green at the moment

October 21st- Halloween decor:  My plastic pumpkin that goes up every year.

October 22nd- Hats:  Moth out in the yard in her casual clothes.

Then my nephew was born and my BaD fell apart, lol.  I had planned to jump into the middle of the month and do all of the fun Halloween themed days.

I never got this posted for the last day of BaD October 31st,  but this is what Moth wore for trick or treating:

The romper is little Lalaloopsy, Nicki Lad glasses, and Mandy Cotton Candy boots.  

Blythe a Day September 1-12

September 1st- Bambi:  Tweedle enticed fawns to her.

September 2nd- Fire:  Surfer Girl posing near an artist rendition of a burning building. Art by Rowan.

September 3rd- Speed:  Merrick sped into the driveway knocking poor Coco out of her seat in the back.

September 4th- Photography: Julian with a toy camera being photographed with a DSLR being photographed with a iPhone 5 camera.

September 5th- Beards: Did mustaches avoid the Russian beard tax of 1698?

September 6th- Italy:  The girls are enjoying Italian- American and vino (for the underaged ones Italian soda.) Anyone who owns chihuahuas knows they are never far away when food is around.

September 7th- Lace: Cobb and Lil Tico got caught playing in the vintage lace.

September 8th- Ribbons: Sparrow sporting her ribbons. The dress is an altered Barbie Rapunzel dress.

September 9th- Silver

September 10th- Sewing: Poe is making the last stitches in the new thrown pillow.

September 11th- Flowers: Claudia is queen pissy pants in roses. It's heading into a last parts of summer and I have no flowers left.

September 12th- Gold

This is as far as I got in September!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Cinnamon Girl

Wow, September and October got away from me!  I haven't had a whole lot of Blythe action in the last few months.  I tried to participate in September and October's Blythe a Day without much success (will have two blogs entries with the photos next.)  My baby nephew, Wyatt, arrived 2 weeks early.

I did gain another Wonderfrog and Blythe- a yellow Ed Ian and Cinnamon Girl. Neither of them have names yet.  I'm kind of wanting CG customized, but I may just touch up her lips and lids myself and be done with her for now.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

New knitting pattern- Swimsuit for Blythe

Modeled by Moth

I've made all kinds of bathing suits for Blythe.  I have never written out the pattern though.  After releasing the one for Petite Blythe I had a request to write one up for Neos.  I took me a lot longer to actually get the pattern out than it did to knit it! 

I should work up one for Middie also.  The one for Wonderfrogs does not fit Middie.  If I remember correctly, the problem is in the shape of Middie's chest versus the frogs.  I would also like to design a few other suits maybe eventually.

You can find the pattern on Etsy or through Ravelry.  It's 3.50 USD.  

P.S.  The suit fits both Takara Blythe bodies and Licca bodies.

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Moth Rowan, part 3

Simply Love Me scalp

Should I keep searching for a Frosty Frock scalp???

I can't decided.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Moth Rowan, part 2

Moth Rowan made it to me safe and sound.  It was a pleasant surprise when I found that her original Fruit Punch (FruPu) scalp was included.

Right off I  tried the FruPu scalp and then went to taking her apart.  This was the first time I've ever seen EBL insides first hand.  I figured why not since she had been opened before.  There are better photos out there, but I thought I would snap them anyways (see below).

Face inside

Back inside

One of my concerns about her Simply Vanilla scalps is that I have Simply Vanilla with her original scalp still.  Turns out the only similarity they have is the scalp.  

I would like to try a Frosty Frock scalp on Moth.  Dr. Blythenstein posted a comparison photo of Border Spirit, Simply Love Me, and Frosty Frock's hair colors.  Simply Love Me (SLM) and Frosty Frock are really close.  I found SLM one for sale on BK, so I nabbed it.  I have a WTB on BK, also.  I figure the chances of finding a Frosty Frock could be slim. The SLM will at least give me an idea if I want to continue the search or not.  

P.S.  FBL scalp is not a perfect fit on EBL.  I doubt SBL or RBL scalps are either, but I'm not really concerned.  However, I wanted to warn anyone who wants to try scalps on an EBL thinking they would be a perfect fit.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Moth Rowan

Another Blythe joins my ranks today, Moth Rowan.  She has been carved by Milky Robot and her face up is by Little Dear (Merwing on Flickr, also the author of Doodle Stitching.)

Merwing's photo from Flickr.

Moth Rowan will probably keep her name, but I think she will be known as Moth.  Moth started out in this world as an EBL Fruit Punch.  She has a Licca body and I believe she has sleepy eyes.

I have had a FruPu before and overtime I fell completely out of love with her.  I really love EBL customs.  I'm pretty excited to see Moth today (she is out for delivery as I type.)

Only change I may make eventually is her scalp.  I would like to see if I can find her a Frosty Frock scalp maybe.  I'm going to wait on it.