Thursday, August 16, 2012

Storm...maybe

This is Storm.

She has eye lashes now. New photo coming soon.


This is my new custom doll, Storm...maybe.  I'm not sold on the name Storm- it could change.

Storm is a Simply Vanilla.  I created her to be a model for my Etsy shop. When I started sanding her lips and nose, I was surprised how little detail was to them. It forced me to carve.  I never really got the lips smoothed out.  

I probably felt rushed.  Since I am starting grad school in a week I have been stocking up my Etsy store and finishing up all of my doll projects.

Storm's hair became a bob because her stock hair cut was just one corner before a mullet! Before shot below: 
YUCK!

Like I said, I felt rushed so I gave up trying to get a smooth pastel coat on her eye lids and used fabric. This was my first time to try this technique. 

Overall, I'm pleased with the outcome.

P.S. The dress is an adapted Barbie pattern.


No comments:

Post a Comment