This is the first time I've gotten to see how the legs function. The peg that is inside the leg that is inserted into the hip to created joints have a more rotating motion that I did not expect. The reason this is not noticed on the doll is because of the way the hip hits the "groin" area; it makes the legs' motion more fixed.
Interesting stuff, huh?
I pulled the plastic away from the hip and cut the piece to get the hip joint I needed for my experiment. After some whittling, sanding, cutting, and, finally, dremeling, I was able to get the joints the exact size to insert into the Monster High Create-a-Monster mermaid fin.
It is not a tight permanent hold yet. I have to problem solve that. For most part, the project went as I wanted it too. The tail was not designed for a head as big as Blythe so a stand will be needed to hold her up. I used my customized TBL as the test subject.
Sorry for the blurry pic.
I do not care for the pink band's decor, but I really does make the fin look more complete.
This doll is still for sale. To see her specs, see this post: TBL for Sale---SOLD. As of right now she is "as is." I might remake her some and try to sale her later. If I do that, I will consider selling the mermaid body with her. :)