Monday, November 17, 2014

Is that a Mermaid?

Story goes like this, I was watching Alfred Hitchcock Presents on Netflix and was looking at all of the items that my daughter left in the den, one being a Blythe body.  I assume this body is a factory body since I have not found any of my formally released dolls bodies falling apart.  It fell right apart without much persuasion.

This is the first time I've gotten to see how the legs function.  The peg that is inside the leg that is inserted into the hip to created joints have a more rotating motion that I did not expect.  The reason this is not noticed on the doll is because of the way the hip hits the "groin" area; it makes the legs' motion more fixed.

Interesting stuff, huh?

I pulled the plastic away from the hip and cut the piece to get the hip joint I needed for my experiment.  After some whittling, sanding, cutting, and, finally, dremeling, I was able to get the joints the exact size to insert into the Monster High Create-a-Monster mermaid fin.

It is not a tight permanent hold yet.  I have to problem solve that.  For most part, the project went as I wanted it too.  The tail was not designed for a head as big as Blythe so a stand will be needed to hold her up.  I  used my customized TBL as the test subject.

Sorry for the blurry pic.

I do not care for the pink band's decor, but I really does make the fin look more complete.

This doll is still for sale.  To see her specs, see this post:  TBL for Sale---SOLD.  As of right now she is "as is."  I might remake her some and try to sale her later.  If I do that, I will consider selling the mermaid body with her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment