Thursday, December 30, 2010

Week off

I ordered several items with the anticipation of being off from work for a week.

The Azone Neemo body came in but I decided not to spray paint it. For one thing it has rained all week. I have an ADG body that I am going to use instead for Angelina.

The new doll head was shipped from Bangkok last week and the paint will be here in a day or two. I am pretty excited about getting started.

My daughter's doll is completed now that Santa delivered her. It was my first try at pastel make up. By no means is it flawless. I must say Pinkie- real original but it was her choice- is pretty darn cute.

Until Sally's restocks there blonde wefting, my twins are on hold. The Azone body is on my girl twin. I can't believe how much I like it! I plan to order a second one when they are restocked on This is Blythe.

I will be publishing two patterns soon, one for sale and one for free.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Revamping Angelina

I am revamping Angelina. After some consideration I am not happy with her body and head match.  It was very noticable. I tried paint the body with no great success. The paint is chipping and I can't stand how unprofessional it looks. By no means am I a professional doll customizer, but it just looks sloppy. I have inquired on the Flickr group Custom Black Blythes about bodies with no response. I am going to attempt to paint a Azone Neemo

Another change I am making to Angelina is removing the apple green eye chips and eye lashes. The apple green will be place in Penelope my ADG Pinafore Purple. The eye lashes did not stay. I am going to soak the eye lids to remove the glue and try again.

Now, I am creating a new doll. I should have, from the beginning, ordered the paint to match the Soul's body. The up side to it, I will be adding a 9th girl to my collection. Funny, I didn't count my boy! Really my 10th doll! I order another one of those weird Basaak doll banks for her head.

The hair saga still goes on. But, I discovered at Sally's Beauty Supplies that they sell real human hair wefting for a very reasonable price! Enough comes in one package to make about 10 wigs. I am super excited to try this! Since the hair is human, it can be styled with heat.

I am hoping that plans work out. I will keep the updates coming.

Friday, December 17, 2010

La Clownesse Cha-U-Kao at Moulin Rouge

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec inspired garment for Victoria. 
The jumpsuit is knitted from my design with Patons Grace yarn and the ruffle is sewn from tulle. 

Inspiration painting:

The website provided is where I borrowed this image. Please, visit site to see it's original manner.

What to know more about Victoria? See my post Meet Victoria.

Thursday, December 16, 2010


I have my boy Blythe off to a good start. The body obstacle has be solved by the Skipper body and my Dremel tool.  He will be about an inch taller than his girl twin- much better than like 6 inches.

I have only up to this point been referreing to them as the 'twins,' 'girl twin,' 'boy twin,' or 'boy Blythe' partly because I have been waiting for my daughter to get her doll.  Wondering why this is related? R decided to name the girl twin Sally. Well, she has repeatedly told me that her doll's name will be Sally. I have name picked out and will introduce them properly after Christmas.

One last thought on this project. Hair. I bought wefting which has proved not to be the right kind- it was too thin. Now, I ordered mohair for rooting and I just read that it isn't really mohair, but sheep's wool. I am actually allergic to a lot of animal fibers. Gosh, I don't know what to do. I guess I will resale it if I just can't use it.

Hopefully, Coming Soon-

A new little outfit for Petite Blythes. Sadly, my model, Macintosh Petite Blythe or Applesauce is missing in action. I will finish the little set and post them for sale as soon as I find her.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Elf Feet!

Ginny's New Pull Cord

Ginny has a new pull cord. I bought these cute little chihuahua bells from Etsy a couple of years ago. How perfect for a chihuahua loving Blythe.

I made the dress from a Puchi Collective pattern. Glasses from Mimiwoo on Ebay.

Want to know more about Ginny? See my post, Meet Ginny

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Body Snatchers

The one to the right is an ADG body.

Okay, so no one snatch my boy Blythe body.  I did make a mistake in my measuring. Pretty large mistake, in fact, 5 inches too large.

When I decided to make a boy Blythe I started searching for a 1/6 Obitsu body. I diligently looked for a 12 inch one. What was I thinking, the full length including the head should be 12 inches!!!  I was very disappointed with myself.

Good news is that I think I have a solution.  I read on the Boy Blythe Flickr group about using a Skipper body with a flat chest.  I went immediately to Ebay and started searching.  There was  pretty broad range of prices. I, somehow, happened on a Ricky, Skooter or Skipper body for 8 buck, free shipping and in the US! Perfect! I bought it instantly.

The Obitsu body will one day become a full doll.  My daughter suggested a Harry Potter.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pull Cords

I bought some supplies to start customizing a few of my dollies' pull cords.