Monday, February 4, 2013

Skipper fashion

As mentioned in previous post I have become obsessed trying to find vintage Skipper fashion for my Blythes.  My passion for the search has waned a bit.  I actually have some advise for people who are hunting for vintage pieces.  I am no expert on vintage or Skipper or Mattel.  I just found a few things in my purchases and searching.

Suggestion 1-  Avoid lots.
     Although lot of items are tantalizing and sometimes are great deals, I found most often that the items were not completely as described. I got many duplicates because of this and there was a lot of trash with treasures. In the long run, I don't think the lots really paid off.

Plus, I ended up with dolls that I don't really have a use for. And, a doll case.

Suggestion 2-  Don't pass up the single items.
     In the long run buying single pieces probably adds up in cost, but you get exactly what you want the first time.

Suggestion 3-  Cross reference.
     Cross reference prices on Ebay and Etsy. And, make sure to check recently ended auctions also. This gives you a better idea if you are paying a fair price.  Sometime paying a little more for a clean item is worth it.  Little laundry can be tiresome.

Here are a few of my finds:




No comments:

Post a Comment